Wearing high-quality motorcycle gear can mean the difference between walking away unscathed from an accident or suffering severe injuries.
For female riders, finding motorcycle jackets that offer protection along with a flattering, comfortable fit can be a challenge.
In this blog post, we’ll take an in-depth look at the Speed And Strength Radar Love women’s motorcycle jacket to see if it delivers on safety, functionality, and style.
But, the main question I will answer in this review will be: Is this the best women’s motorcycle jacket for you? Let’s find out!
Overview of the Speed And Strength Radar Love Jacket
It’s designed to provide abrasion resistance and impact protection without compromising on comfort and femininity.
The jacket has a stylish, eye-catching graphic of red lips and the words “Radar Love” displayed prominently on the back.
This fun design element adds personality to the jacket. Despite the graphic, the Radar Love jacket maintains a relatively understated, versatile look suitable for both on and off the bike.
It’s constructed using 100% textile materials for maximum durability and abrasion resistance. Key high-impact zones are reinforced using heavy denier fabric. Lighter-weight ripstop nylon is utilized on the sides of the jacket for additional flexibility.
CE-approved armor is included in the elbows and shoulders to help absorb and disperse energy from impacts. The jacket also has a removable full-sleeve quilted liner to provide extra warmth when needed.
For customization, the Radar Love has adjustable waist tabs and snap closures on the cuffs. The collar, sleeves, and waist can all be tailored for a personalized fit.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Comes in sizes small through 2XL to accommodate a wide range of body types
- Available in color choices like black, gray, and red
- Stand-up collar protects the neck
- Hand warmer waist pockets provide storage
- Zippered pocket on left sleeve for secure storage
- Water-resistant construction
- Meets DOT standards for motorcycle protective gear
- Reflective piping enhances nighttime visibility
- Pre-curved sleeves allow a natural riding position
- Zippered air vents for ventilation
- Wind and cold weather protection
- Lightweight and flexible for comfort
- Hook and loop chest panel to attach patches or liners
- It can be worn on and off the bike
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Durable construction for repeated wear
How Does the Radar Love Jacket Compare to Similar Products?
|Rev’it Sand 4 H2O Women’s Jacket
|This jacket has a breathable Hydratex outer shell that is waterproof. It contains SEESOFTTM CE Level 2 armor, a thermal quilted liner, and adjustable straps at the collar, hem, waist, and cuffs for a customized fit.
|Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 Women’s Jacket
|The Atomic 5.0 features a FreeAir mesh shell for maximum airflow. It includes a full sleeve removable insulated liner and CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows. Reflective stripes and adjustable straps allow for a tailored fit.
|First Mfg Wildside Women’s Jacket
|This textile jacket has an edgy, moto-inspired style. It contains CE-approved armor, a removable dual-density back protector, a zip-out quilted liner, and adjustable waist straps and cuffs. Reflective details and waterproof interior pockets are also included.
The Speed and Strength Radar Love women’s jacket stands out for its stylish graphic design and textile construction optimized for warm weather riding.
Key features like CE armor, quilted liner, and adjustable waist and cuffs make it competitive within the category. Overall, it provides a good blend of protection, comfort and style for female motorcyclists.
Radar Love Jacket’s Build Quality
Now let’s take a closer look at some of the standout qualities of the Speed And Strength Radar Love jacket:
Abrasion Resistant Outer Shell
The outer shell of the jacket is constructed from several types of durable, abrasion-resistant textile materials.
Heavy denier fabric is used in high-impact zones like the shoulders, elbows, and forearms. This thick, abrasion-resistant textile helps prevent wear and tear while protecting the rider’s body in a crash.
Large mesh panels run down the back of the jacket and along the front chest and sleeves. This mesh promotes air circulation to keep the rider cool in warmer weather. However, it’s not as protective as the solid textile materials.
Removable Quilted Liner
For riding in colder temperatures, the Radar Love comes with a handy full-sleeve quilted liner that can be easily removed. It attaches inside the jacket with a zipper and snap system.
Its full sleeve coverage offers protection against the cold for the rider’s entire arms. Many jackets only have vest-style liners that leave sleeves exposed.
The liner gives the rider versatility to adapt the jacket to varying weather conditions. With the liner removed, the jacket is ideal for warm summer riding.
Protective Armor in Key Zones
The Radar Love includes CE-approved armor in the shoulders and elbows to protect these vulnerable impact zones.
Upgrading to more protective CE Level 2 armor is still an option for riders who want maximum impact protection.
The jacket also has a basic foam back pad to provide a small degree of protection for the spine. However, it does not carry a safety rating or certification. Riders could choose to enhance back protection with a certified CE spine pad.
Adjustment Options for Customized Fit
Getting the right fit is crucial for safety and comfort. The Radar Love jacket offers several user-friendly adjustments to dial in the ideal fit:
- Waist tabs can be tightened or loosened to contour the jacket to the rider’s shape. The tabs are positioned slightly higher on the female jacket to enhance the hourglass silhouette.
- Snap closures on the cuffs allow the arm openings to be snugged up for greater coverage.
- The collar secures with a snap to seal out wind and moisture.
These adjustments let female riders tailor the jacket to their physique for optimized coverage on or off the bike.
Other Handy Features
A few other thoughtful touches on the Radar Love jacket improve convenience and functionality:
- Zippered air vents let air circulate through the jacket when riding in hot climates.
- Storage pockets on the exterior and interior give space for securing essentials.
- A hook-and-loop chest panel allows riders to attach coordinating patches or liners to customize the look.
- Reflective piping enhances visibility at night for improved safety.
Pros and Cons of the Radar Love Jacket
- Attractive graphic design with a feminine style
- Durable, abrasion-resistant outer shell
- CE-approved armor in elbows and shoulders
- Removable quilted liner for warmth
- Adjustable waist, cuffs and collar
- Zippered air vents for ventilation
- Useful storage pockets
- Reflective details improve visibility
- Competitively priced within the women’s motorcycle jacket market
- Only available in textile, no leather options
- Limited color/style choices compared to some competitors
- Mesh panels sacrifice abrasion resistance for ventilation
- The back pad lacks official certification or ratings
- Sleeves may be long on petite riders
For female riders seeking a versatile, mid-range priced motorcycle jacket, the Speed And Strength Radar Love is an excellent choice.
It provides substantial abrasion resistance and impact protection courtesy of its durable textile shell and CE-approved armor. A removable quilted liner extends its use into cooler weather.
The Radar Love also delivers on style with its eye-catching graphic design and flattering tailored fit. For women interested in a jacket that seamlessly combines safety, functionality, and femininity, the Radar Love is sure to satisfy.
It gives riders peace of mind knowing they can hit the open road fully protected without compromising aesthetics or comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size Radar Love jacket should I order?
Check the size chart and measure your body to determine the best fit. Keep in mind the jacket is designed to contour the female form, so sizes may run small. Going up a size if between sizes can allow room for layers underneath.
Is the Radar Love jacket waterproof?
Does the jacket have adequate ventilation for summer rides?
Yes, the mesh panels and zippered vents allow significant airflow, which makes the jacket suitable for warm weather, provided you don’t use the insulated liner.
Can I upgrade the armor in the elbows and shoulders?
What is the sizing like on the Radar Love jacket?
The jacket is designed to fit the female form, so it runs snugly in the waist and chest while allowing room in the hips and shoulders. Going up a size allows wearing layers underneath. Refer to the specific size chart for best results.
Previous Article: Spidi Rock Leather Jacket Review
Next Article: Alpinestars Sportown Drystar Air Jacket Review