The Rev’it Ignition 3 jacket and Andres pants aim to blend protection, versatility, and comfort into a solid all-around riding outfit.
With a unique combination of leather, textile, and mesh, these pieces strive to deliver robust abrasion resistance matched with ventilation for warm weather riding.
But do they live up to expectations? And is this the best motorcycle jacket for you?
In this REV’IT! Ignition 3 Women’s Jacket review, we will dive into the details to find out if the Ignition 3 is worth your hard-earned cash.
- Serious abrasion resistance
- All-day comfort
- Premium CE-approved armor
- Adaptability for riding
- Confidence-inspiring versatility
Construction – The Best of Both Worlds
The Ignition 3 brings together three distinct materials to create a jacket able to handle different conditions:
- Monaco Performance Cowhide leather provides abrasion resistance and durability in key impact zones. This beefy 1-1.3mm leather offers serious protection without sacrificing comfort.
- Dynax Mesh enhances airflow through ventilation panels to prevent overheating on hot days. This proprietary mesh is designed for strength and tear resistance.
- Stretch textile sections allow greater mobility and natural movement of your arms. Gone are the football player shoulder pads of the previous Ignition 2 model.
The leather guards your most vulnerable areas, the mesh flows air to cool you down, and the textile ensures comfort.
Versatile All-Weather Capabilities
- A removable Hydratex waterproof liner keeps you dry when it’s pouring. No need to cut your ride short if clouds roll in.
- The thermal vest liner provides insulation for colder mornings and evenings. Extend your riding season when temperatures dip.
- An integrated connection zipper allows pairing with Rev’it pants to create a weather-resistant two-piece suit.
With these features, you can push the 3-season comfort range of the Ignition 3 for year-round riding. The option to “build” a full leather suit gives peace of mind if you get caught in harsh conditions.
Premium Protection Right Out of the Box
Protection is the number one priority in any riding jacket, and the Ignition 3 comes prepared:
- CE Level 2 armor in the shoulders and elbows offers best-in-class impact absorption.
- CE Level 1 foam protects the hips and back (insert optional upgrade).
- Abrasion-resistant leather covers the shoulders, elbows, and sides of the torso.
- Reflective details enhance visibility for night riding.
With rugged leather and high-end CE-approved armor in key areas, the Ignition 3 provides excellent protective coverage straight from the store. No need to source aftermarket upgrades here.
For riders seeking peace of mind alongside versatility, the Ignition 3 jacket checks all the boxes. Let’s turn our attention to the matching Andres pants.
Andres Pants – Optimized Performance
The Andres pants match the jacket in both materials and protection:
- Monaco cowhide leather covers the seat, hips, knees, and lower legs.
- Dynax mesh panels on thighs and rear yoke for ventilation.
- Stretch fabric inserts above the knees allow freedom of movement.
- CE Level 2 knee armor and CE Level 1 hip protection.
Together with the jacket, you get a consistent blend of durability, breathability, and impact absorption.
Key features like hip stretch panels, leather knee overlays, and mesh ventilation make the Andres pants optimized for performance riding. The articulated design ensures you can attack corners aggressively without restriction.
For hot summer canyon carving or casual weekend cruising, the Andres pants are delivered.
Is the Rev’it Ignition 3 Worth the Investment?
At a glance, the Ignition 3 jacket and Andres pants provide:
- ✅ Serious abrasion resistance
- ✅ All-day comfort and ventilation
- ✅ Premium CE-approved armor
- ✅ Adaptability for year-round riding
While not inexpensive, you invest in the confidence to ride comfortably in diverse conditions while benefiting from high-end protection.
For riders seeking a single go-to set of gear, the Ignition 3 and Andres pants check all the boxes. Ultimately offering versatility that outshines rival options.
Share your experiences with the Ignition 3 in the comments below!
Previous Article: Klim Badlands Pro Jacket Review
Next Article: Knox Lea Wax Women’s Jacket Review